Mindful Parenting & Gentle Boundaries from Newborn to Seven.
- I received a question from a parent who was struggling with how to help her 2 year old daughter through her frustration. She realized she was being either too abrupt in helping her, or too lenient, and wanted a middle-ground approach.I love this question because it is so common for many par [...]
- If you want to know how to get your toddler in the car seat without tears, this is for you!You know exactly what I’m talking about. There's this magical time when your sweet little infant starts to become mobile and all of a sudden, they have no interest in being stationary. EVER! There's [...]
- Gentle boundaries are an important element in forming trust with our children. Trust and respect grow when we hold our boundaries and respect other’s boundaries.This is why consistency is talked about so much in child development. Consistency builds trust and security, and boundaries are o [...]
- Years ago, I used to think being a good caregiver or parent basically meant you were good at getting children to do what you wanted them to do. And in that definition, I was a "good" caregiver. I was often praised for my ability to manipulate children into doing what I (or their parents) wante [...]
- Boundaries are talked about a lot in the self awareness and addiction recovery world. But did you know boundaries are an important part of how you can connect with your children?Boundaries allow us to take care of ourselves and our own needs, while giving our children security and building [...]
- If you're a new parent, you may be wondering how the heck to keep your little one calm.Babies cry. Yes, it's true.And their cries make our nerves do backflips for good reason. You have a strong response to your child's cries because you are supposed to!It's built into our DNA. The [...]
- Bittersweet Mamahood.I use these words often to describe what being a mother feels like to me. There is nothing more bittersweet than this season in my life. Bittersweet Mamahood perfectly describes the weight and gravity I have felt during my parenting journey. How when there is a milest [...]