Author archives: Stevie Alicia
- I never did things like the other members of my family, whether it was my family of origin, extended family or chosen family.I looked at the world differently. I saw things differently. I chose differently.
But during childhood and all through my 20’s, I tried really hard to make mys [...]
- Every year I get an email from my sister at the beginning of December (or sometimes in November) asking for our Christmas Lists.And almost every year my shoulders sink a little as I start to stress about what to put on the list.We have been working on minimizing the shit stuff in our hom [...]
- We had never planned to send our son to school. Well, any kind of formal or traditional school, that is.There are many many reasons for this. A couple of those reasons are based on a phenomenon that seems to happen when people just know too much about a particular industry.You know, li [...]
- When I was pregnant, we bought a baby swing and rock n play to use with our itty bitty. We had planned to wear our son often when out and about, and use the swing and rock n play conservatively, but I didn't exactly know how important those decisions were to the future health and wellbeing of m [...]
- We often go to brunch at the same restaurant on Sundays. They have wonderful farm to table food and amazing fresh juices I love to get. My son always wants to have some as well, and usually tries to finish mine off when I'm not looking.One day I asked the waitress about their juices. I wa [...]
- I received a question from a parent who was struggling with how to help her 2 year old daughter through her frustration. She realized she was being either too abrupt in helping her, or too lenient, and wanted a middle-ground approach.I love this question because it is so common for many par [...]
- Statistics for non-medicated or non-surgical births are pretty dismal in hospital settings.The infant mortality rate in the U.S. is terrifying, our maternal healthcare (especially for women of color) is disgusting, and Postpartum PTSD from traumatic birth experiences is skyrocketing.It s [...]
- With all the baby products out there, it's hard to decided which is best to use for your baby. The truth is, you don't need ANY of the products being push by advertisements!Mother Nature truly takes care of everything, even baby's hair & skin. There are four very natural & inexpensi [...]
- Why is something so natural often so difficult?Breastfeeding is a wonderful, important topic, but one in which far too many women struggle.My personal breastfeeding journey was littered with struggles. My milk didn't come in until day 12, my son had both a lip & tongue tie (which we [...]
- If you want to know how to get your toddler in the car seat without tears, this is for you!You know exactly what I’m talking about. There's this magical time when your sweet little infant starts to become mobile and all of a sudden, they have no interest in being stationary. EVER!
- I remember the first time I saw breastmilk jewelry. I was intrigued!Fast forward several years and I had a nearly 3 year old nursling who was telling me my milk was pretty much gone.NOOOOOOOO!Not only did my mama heart start to break thinking our breastfeeding journey was coming to [...]
- I’m on a high right now.A healing high. The high you get when you realize the things you’ve chosen for yourself and your healing journey aren't simply working, they are transformative!I just left my acupuncturists office and she was astonished by how much I’ve shifted things in the sh [...]